Sejal Says, “Sometime We Need A Bit of Humor”

In the darkest days, people look to one another for companionship and love to get through it. Often times, people resort to humor to find the light at the end of the darkest tunnels. Even in my own life, I have found that I use humor to downplay stressful or upsetting times.  As de Botton so eloquently put it we can, “convey with impunity messages that might be dangerous or impossible to state directly.” He is trying to show how some things are so difficult to discuss so it is best to leave it to the humorists

Image result for laughing cliaprt


I have found that I easily get stressed due to the numerous things that pile up in my life such as academics and extra-curricular so I make it a point to maintain humor in my life. Whether it’s studying with friends and making jokes while doing so or taking breaks to do fun things, I make sure to keep the studying fun so that I don’t burn out. The quote states by de Botton really resonated with me because it really reminded me how much I rely on jokes and humor to help me avoid stress. 


Another reason why I think humor is important is that it helps the public to adjust to serious or uncomfortable situations. In terms of social issues, many serious issues such as attacks or acts of discrimination are often difficult to discuss until it is satirized or until humor is used to dull the drastic effects it may have on a person. 


Overall, humor is an amazing tool that can be harnessed by all people to help them feel about their school or social life and help them take life one step at a time just as I have. 










Comments

Popular Posts